If you have not registered your vehicles under IRP or IFTA, additional permits may be necessary while entering another jurisdiction. Vehicles that exceed size/weight limitations are required to obtain a permit.

Trip Permits

If your vehicle is not IRP-registered, you will need a temporary trip permit in order to operate in that jurisdiction. The temporary trip permit is issued in lieu of IRP credentials for registered vehicles.

Fuel Permits

In order to operate in a location in which a vehicle does not hold an IFTA decal and license, a temporary fuel permit is needed. Carriers must secure a temporary fuel permit before entering a jurisdiction for which they are not properly permitted.

Oversize and Overweight Permits

If your vehicle is over-sized or with over-weight, you must obtain a permit authorizing movement according to vehicle configurations and weight.


File your Form 2290 Today and Get your Schedule 1 in Minutes.

Guaranteed Schedule 1 or your money back!